WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
We are looking for a React Front-End Web Developer with 2-3years hands on exprience with React who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of software development.
You will work with the RedBit’s design team to translate user experience designs, visual designs, and motion designs into actual code that works across various browsers including desktop & mobile.
You will be bridging that gap between design and technical implementation and help bring designs to life. You will use the latest web technologies and are expected to keep up to date with what’s new in the industry.
We don’t just want you to implement designs, but we want feedback, if it doesn’t look or feel right we want that feedback! Before it goes out to customers we want to make sure it’s something we would want to use!
If you feel that’s you keep reading!
Here’s What We’re looking for
What you’ll be responsible for
- Staying up to date with web trends and technologies
- Appreciation for Agile approach for building software
- Detail oriented – cutting corners won’t work
- Having fun – if you stop having fun writing code, we are doing something wrong
- Enjoy challenges – some things will be hard and may never been done before
- Develop new user-facing features and entire web apps from scratch
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of designs created by design team
- Optimize web applications for speed and various browsers
- Collaborate with other team members, stakeholders, and customers
- Participate in scrum meetings and help in task estimates
Proficient understanding of
- web markup (HTML5/CSS3)
- React and all the latest goodness
- Async request handling, partial page updates, AJAX, REST APIs, JSON
- Debugging code not just using alert() in JS code
- Cross browser compatibility (don’t worry no IE8!)
- GIT – branch, merge, pull etc. – you will work off feature branches
Good understanding of
- NPM package manager
- Animation libraries such as GSAP
- CSS pre-processing such as LESS and SASS
Bonus points for
- Single Page Applications
- React Native
- Build automation
- Backend & server side architecture
- Up to date on latest web markup standards (even if not officially a standard yet)
- Visual Studio or Visual Studio Code